Compensation for this position includes the following:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employee life insurance
- Supplemental coverage for disability, accident, and life insurance or for dependent coverage is available for purchase.
The HVAC Mechanic shall be responsible for performing routine maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Shall also be responsible for the installation of new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. Works with manager to determine what tasks need to be outsourced.
- Assists in troubleshooting, diagnosis, service and repair of heavy commercial air conditioning and multi-zone heating and cooling systems.
- Test electrical currents or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
- Reassemble and test equipment following repairs.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Layout and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician’s hand tools.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secure and shut down all Acetylene and Oxygen torches after use, store IAW Government, State and Local regulations.
- Log all Freon, IAW, Fed, State, and local EPA regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Must have experience in HVAC, air handling, deionizer water, chilled water condenser, hot water, compressed air, electronic gate systems, and boilers.
- Must have and maintain state HVAC licenses/certifications.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with no major infractions.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as an HVAC Mechanic.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- A valid driver’s license
- Boiler experience a plus
- Experience working in a government facility
Security Clearance Requirements
- It is mandatory that all Contractor personnel working onsite at federal facilities meet federal government security clearance standards. The Contractor shall submit security clearance information, for each employee, as required by current government identification card application procedures and future requirements as applicable.
- All employees must be authorized as acceptable under by the contracting officer for the prime contract under which this employee is working.
Native Energy & Technology, Inc. is Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.