Production Manager - 079816
This position is located in Holland, MI. at the JCIM Southview facility.
- Provide leadership to Supervisors of production team members performing daily production operations across three shifts. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety guidelines, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- As Supervisors manage day-to-day operations, the Production Manager must be looking forward to the month and into the next, analyzing current performance and making plans for improvements or enhancements within the department.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instill good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that the plant is ready for visitors at all times. Lead 5S Audit reaction plans, follow up on activities and instill discipline to keep from falling backward in 5S.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, continuous improvement, JSA analysis and ergonomic work practices. Be aware of off-standard work and the safety and ergonomic assessment of all non-standard work. Enlist the help of the Plant Health/Safety Manager as required.
- Together with the CI Manager, evaluate opportunities for efficiency, scrap, floor space and other improvements. Once identified, lead the implementation of these improvements with assistance from other activities as required.
- Through the Supervisors, evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc. Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer or release.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing within the assigned department at budgeted levels. Re-assigns team members or dismiss early in the event of line shutdown to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Understand and positively impact key measures. Balance quality, productivity, safety, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Continuously analyze the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design, communication, and reporting, cost controls and make recommendations to Operations Manager for improvements.
- Observe production operation within area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment. Take corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Together with the Supervisor, consult with team members regarding on-the-job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc. Documents any and all problems and provide action plans to Operations Manager. Take corrective action to assure problems are resolved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Previous supervisory experience required (2 Years Preferred).
- Other previous manufacturing experience preferred (Engineering, Materials, Quality, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Additional Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving capability.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer literate and competent with appropriate software programs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
This job description is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. Johnson Controls reserves the right to amend, change or delete contents of this description.