|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Company:||Johnson Controls, Inc.|
|Job Location(s):||Baton Rouge, LA; Metairie, LA; Shreveport, LA|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision, Production - Management|
The Production Manager in conjunction with the Operations Manager, ascertains the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards. Constantly monitors processes to assure the objectives are met and that timetables are kept. Works with support personnel to assure that materials, quality, accounting, and personnel needs will be met in order to avoid interruption of production. Regularly advises the Operations Manager on progress towards objectives and of problems or potential problems in meeting established goals.
* Evaluates production requirements and determines production schedules. Determines engineering, materials, and personnel needs necessary to meet those schedules and communicates them to first-line leaders. Follows work-in-process to assure work is proceeding satisfactorily.
* Studies, institutes and maintains efficient and safe work practice procedures and facilities. Keeps abreast of safety requirements and new developments in order to maintain an injury free, highly efficient plant operation.
* Improves the abilities, skills and knowledge of production personnel through appropriate instruction and training.
* Assures strict compliance with all quality control standards by maintaining a current and complete acquaintance with quality standards consistent with the company's reputation as a "Quality Producer."
* Directs and supervises Production Supervisors, Shift Superintendent and all plant operations to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of production and delivery schedules within a union environment.
* Analyzes production to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to plant goals.
* Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
Education & Experience Required:
* Bachelor Level Degree or equivalent experience.
* Three to five years of progressive responsibilities in Plastic Injection Molding Manufacturing (specifically the Assembly department) including several years of supervisory experience at the general supervisory level.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.