Facilities Maintenance Manager (Pooling) - 083917
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the assigned facilities to ensure the operations, maintenance, and vendor management standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Works in cooperation with customer's local management and O&M service subcontractors. Is responsible for managing local facility operations in accordance with approved operating guidelines and managing the corresponding budget.
- Ensures that all facilities are operated and maintained in a cost-effective and safe condition in accordance with the approved budget and the customer's requirements to fulfill O&M contractual obligations.
- Maintains a proactive relationship with customer and understand business needs of local customer. Communicates those business needs to JCI management.
- Reviews and approves expenditures for tools, equipment, supplies, materials and additional contract requirements. May assist with preparation of facility budget.
- Communicates operating philosophy, objectives and expectations to JCI O&M staff in a continuing effort to build the team.
- Manages, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities for assigned properties and ensures that the O&M staff are properly following processes and procedures.
- Manages and supervises facility personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management. Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of Operations and Maintenance personnel.
- May establish process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, cost, and customer satisfactions. May take corrective action to bring about required change and ensure contract requirements have been executed at a level above the specified standards.
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction.
- Manages subcontractor specifications, problems/issues, performance and administration.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to O&M staff and manages resolution of complex problems.
- Provides the technical and management direction for all Facility Management services and utilizes all JCI resources (i.e. Branch, Procurement, etc.) to reduce costs and increases satisfaction.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Five (5) years of Facility Management or building operations and maintenance, budgeting and vendor (supplier) management experience within pharmaceutical industry.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in facilicities management (soft services).
- Experience with coaching leadership and development of people.
- Drives Results, Focus on Customer and enables teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Committed to conduct integrity and quality environment.
- Fully bilingual written and oral communication (Spanish and English).
- Available to work extra hours, weekends and holidays.