Construction Mgr I - Louisiana - 082200
Responsible for construction management of assigned projects. Determines resource levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors workforce levels to ensure conformance with the construction plan. Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work. Implements the site safety and security procedures and project work rules and plays an active role in the development of the safety program. Develops and maintains Customer and Subcontractor relationships.
Works under general supervision and in conjunction with Regional Resource Team management.
The Construction Manager is actively involved in the local contracting community, industry organizations, and networks with local subcontractors. Responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction for projects during the execution phase.
Works with the Market Team Operations Manager and Regional Resource Team as needed, to provide sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc. as needed. Works with the Market Team Operations Manager and Regional Resource Team manager to ensure the profitable execution of assigned projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow for assigned projects.
- Self-performs sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
- Self-performs cost estimating, project scheduling and construction management of assigned projects.
- Manages the profitable execution of assigned projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow for assigned projects.
- Understands project scope and customer expectations. Utilizes resource planning techniques to gain high productivity from team members.
- Plans, schedules and controls project activities. Broad knowledge of commercial/contractual complexity/deal structure/financial acumen/disciplines of supply chainnegotiation skillscommunication skillsc-level relationships
- Provides monthly reporting of Project financial status and participates in the Area General Manager Monthly Project Backlog reviews, as needed.
- Oversees FIMs, Multiple FIMs, innovative/renewable FIMs.
- Established long term customer and contractor relationships. Influences customer.
- Develops and adheres to a Project Execution Plan for each assigned project.
- Establishes customer touch points throughout the life cycle of projects to gain feedback on customer satisfaction. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
- Effectively communicates the status of assigned projects to Market Team and Regional Resource Team Manager as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with JCI internal Systems, Service and Lighting partners.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements.
- Ensure Energy Solutions business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
- Champions and drives the SSA Safety Program for employees and subcontractors at all levels.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the executed margin for all assigned projects.
The following metrics define this responsibility:
- Project Profitability
- Executed Gross Margin (Slippage)
- Project cash flow
- Timely Project completion
Bachelor's Degree in Project/Construction Management. PMP Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), LEED certification, preferred. 2 -5 yrs of construction management experience. Understands project scope and customer expectations. Project size in excess of $5M. Understands resource and revenue planning/forecasting. Proficient in software scheduling tools and applications. High level project management process competencies. Ability to manage conceptual design as projects are not yet fully engineered. Strong proficiency in MS office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio, MS Project, basic Windows environment and internet business application usage. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Develops and begins to apply negotiation skills.