Are you ready to fully maximize your Commercial Lines insurance, business and relationship skills acquired over course of your career? Do you desire to help develop underwriting talent, consult on complex and challenging risks and help ensure the growth and profit for a large national insurance carrier. We are seeking a Lead Referral Underwriter that can be located in one of our many Branch Offices countrywide.
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Address large and/or complex referred commercial lines accounts outside of underwriting authority levels for a countrywide insurance territory
- Reinforce the strategic direction and help cultivate a profitable book of business according to the business plan
- Promote adherence to underwriting standards, best practice to minimize risk, maximize efficiency, and deliver on business plan objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, business partners, and colleagues
- Partner with field leadership and training teams to assist in underwriter development
- Consult with product development teams to keep abreast of market dynamics and market cycle awareness in support of business plan objectives
- Oversee underwriting activities in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Other roles include loss reviews, partnership with underwriting quality programs and help administer the underwriting authority program
- Maintain subject matter expertise and technical knowledge through continuous learning and development
- Minimum 5 years of commercial lines underwriting experience with demonstrated progressive achievements and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent commercial insurance market, broad class and industry line of business expertise
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Very strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to analyze complex data use for decision-making
- Familiarity with the technology used for underwriting, risk profiling and pricing tools/models
- Travel expectations - 15%
To apply for this position, click Apply Now.
The companies of QBE the Americas are committed to equal employment opportunities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.