|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Account Manager Security Product Sales (Nationwide)|
|Company:||Johnson Controls, Inc.|
|Job Location(s):||Los Angeles, CA; New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Sales - Inside, Sales - Technical, Sales - Representatives/Service|
Under general direction, responsible for growing products sales volume and meeting set sales plans and objectives through 3rd party distributers channel accounts and the Branch Security Sales Organization. Uses and promotes the use of the sales process to aide in cultivating and managing long term relationships and in seeking out new sales opportunities. Works with the Branch Sales and Management to deploy new product offerings and upgrades and ensures they are informed and trained on the products, features, value proposition, and pricing. Represents product and technology offerings during sales process to end customer. Works with the assigned 3rd party distributers as the liaison from Johnson Controls to manage channel conflicts, deploy new products and upgrades and increase the sales of the product portfolio. Knows and understands each 3rd party distributers contract and enforces the commitments within that contractual agreement. Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates the with the highest business ethics. Acts as the local expert for products and technology sold to the Security Sales Channel.
1. Assists Regional Security customers in selling product offerings to reach optimal sales and profit levels. Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
2. Recommends product solutions and links to customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
3. Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment. Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
4. Using account management principles in the geographic region, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, semi-annually prepares and conducts joint team meetings for assigned JCI team members along with identified key players in the strategic account. Builds and fosters team relationships within the team to ensure customer satisfaction.
5. Manages channel conflict between the Branch and 3rd party distributers. Acts as the liaison for Johnson Controls to the 3rd party distributers regarding contractual commitments, technical product support, and deploying new products offerings, upgrades, and features.
6. Reads, understands and documents the content and interpretation of all 3rd party distributers contracts within their assigned Region. Enforces 3rd party distributers channel account and branch to uphold commitments to contractual agreement.
7. Provides input on market focus for 3rd party distributers channel accounts, rationalize their assigned 3rd party distributers portfolio, recruits new 3rd party distributers channel accounts with approval from RPDM and Product Sales Manager.
8. Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales and marketing plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
9. Involved in the development of team sales and marketing plans and strategies. Based on observations coupled with a thorough understanding of the accounts, draws on the resources at hand to drive the customer's business to mutually agreed upon objectives.
10. Includes member(s) of the management team to touch principles of key and targeted customers to keep the sales process on track.
11. Maintains a farm system of the key and targeted customer list. Frequently rationalizes the current key and targeted customer portfolio, ensuring resources are focused on those customers with growth potential.
12. Participates with Product and Program Management Teams within Global Technology by providing customer feedback on products and features as well as competitive information within their Region.
13. Reinforces Branch engineering standards usage by informing and training sales and estimators on the products and features within the standards model and monitoring and reporting its usage.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience.
Minimum of (8) eight year's progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the Security industry with demonstrated track record of success.
Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis.
MBA is preferred.
Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations.
Able to travel a minimum of 50%.